Monday, July 16, 2007

Filet Mignon with Balsamic Syrup and Goat Cheese


So as usual I was watching Food network, and I wanted something new. It just so happen that Everyday Italian was on and she was making this Yummy cut of beef , that looked pretty darn good. I at first had my doubts when I saw how much Balsamic Vinegar she poured in, and then she used the goat cheese and that sold me! I've never had goat cheese before, but I've heard much about it; about the texture and how great of a taste it has. The only problem I ran into was that I accidentally bought beef loin instead of the Mignon. This recipe tasted EXCELLENT!!I mean words could not describe it ( I will try). The meat was tender, the sauce was just right, and the cheese really brought everything together. I am not much for different kind of cheeses, but goat cheese gets an "A+" in my book. This recipe is a keeper! I hope it finds pleasure for someone else. Oh, I made this for a nice dinner for 2. I had mine with a salad, using the Balsamic Spritzer, he had mash potatoes and broccoli (I think maybe wine would have been good). ENJOY!!!


INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter 6 (5 to 6-ounce)
Filet Mignon steaks (each about 1-inch thick)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Boil the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Melt the butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet. Crumble the cheese over the steaks and broil just until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with pepper.

Transfer the steaks to plates. Drizzle the balsamic sauce around the steaks and serve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Came here from LeftOverQueen Forums..
The steaks look delicious...
Welcome to the food blogging world :)