Saturday, July 14, 2007

Easy Lemon Cookies


This is my first receipe that am posting, a little nervous, but hey i am really also EXCITED. Newbie to the blog


I have been craving some of these tasty, mouth watering Lemon Cookies and I needed something really quick for dessert. After making the Parmesan-Crusted Pork, and Parmesan Cheese Bread, that I received from Annie's Eats. I just wanted to real quick make a little something; not to mention my house was really running on overload after cooking the other dishes. My family enjoys them every time I make them, the thing that I find myself altering is the time they stay in the oven. The recipe states that you should leave it in for 6-9 mins but I don't care for the underdone cookie, so I keep them in for about an extra 2-3min . The batter might seem a little guey, so I add just tsp(s) of flour here and there to make it a little solid. Its from a cake box, does it for me!!!!

INGREDIENTS
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
*use flour to thicken (i used it to thicken into more puddy)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven(I baked mine for 2-3 mins longer). The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

You can also find this treat @ allrecipes. Okay enjoy!!!


No comments: