Saturday, July 14, 2007

Becoming more than just food.....

I spent the first 10 years of marriage having our beautiful kids, granted all I wanted in my marriage was a dog, but 10 years later, I have 3 beautiful kids, (2boys, and a newborn baby girl), and 2 dogs (my lovable St. Bernard's). In this household my husband is like the ultimate at home chef, we just love his cooking. Finally ,I decided "You know what? I to cook also, and have our family and friends have some pleasure from my cooking". Needless to say after burning, over boiling, drying out, and under cooking, things started to come together. Afterwards, I started to make the same things over and over again, and altering some receipes here and there. I started to yearn for more recipes so i started watching Food network, looking online, and being a Navy wife went to the cooking classes that they offered. I am first generation American, and i took some time to watch my mom cook her GRRRREAT African dishes. Slowly but surly i have gradually gained confidence to cook for not only my family, but for friends and enough to entertain for our house parties, and neighbors. I am starting this blog so can keep up with what i have tried to cook, what we like and how I can put a little of my flare into it or not! Also I want to share the recipes and my experience with cooking them, and from time to time let you know what the family thought. Often my friends ask can I give them my recipe, now i actually can, or direct them where i got it from. A good group of my friends are great at cooking maybe I can put there recipes up.

I hope this blog helps me share my joy of cooking and give back to all who have given so many recipes to me. Okay Yall Enjoy (i am a southern gal)!!! Come back Now

1 comment:

Mrs.Tol in the making... said...

Okay I will give you that... you do make some pretty babies!!! This is a neat site and it is cool that we can stay connected through this, even though I am trying to lose weight =) I just wanna know where is the recipe for the fried chicken niblets!!?? I'll post my recipes tomorrow... Love ya Adama!!