Friday, July 20, 2007

Beer Bread


In the process, of making some beer battered shrimp, I started to crave some beer bread. Now normally I would order the beer bread, but I decided in the spirit of cooking I will try out a recipe for it. Now I have learned that depending on the beer it can alter the taste of the bread,, so far I like Samuel Adams, it brings a GREAT blend into the bread. I also ate the bread with a cucumber dip. To me it is a very good combination. For anyone who never tried beer bread before, or cooked with any types of beer, the beer will not taste like beer when you serve it to your kids. ITS OKAY!!!

INGREDIENTS
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
3 cups self-rising flour
3 tablespoons white sugar
DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees ) for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft. Serve topped with butter or cheese spread.





MY VERDICT

Is it was good, but could be better, I wanted a firm taste, so i place my bread a little longer in the oven I added 10 mins on . I also used some butter to give the bread a glaze. I really think that it would have had the kick i was looking for if i used Samuel instead of Bud., but my family enjoyed it.
This can be located @ Allrecipes

No comments: