Saturday, August 25, 2007

Goat cheese chicken Quesadilla! Lovly

Okay ever since I discovered the taste of Goat Cheese I have now been wondering what I could make with it. With that in mind I am going to search, and also try to do things on my own with the cheese. This is a little something I kind of whipped up together, need I say the pics. Speak for themselves. The flavor of this combined with salsa was really good!!!
Ingredients:
6 pieces chicken tenderloins (if you’re making 2, for everyone you make use 3 to 4 pieces on each wrap)
2 Large flour tortillas
4 tblsp. Olive Oil
1 Large sweet Vidalia onion, chopped up
1 tablespoon lime jucie
1/2 cup salsa (chucky)
Mexican shredded cheese
3 ounces goat cheese
Sour cream
Direction:
Pour the 3 tblsp. Oil on skillet or pan medium high temp. When the pan heats up add you chicken, and pour the lime juiceon top to the chicken, just like steak only flip the tenderloins once, to keep it juicy, so let it cook for about 10 to 12 mins. On each side. When that is done the chicken should be a nice golden color, take the chicken out of the pan, pour in that last tablespoon of oil, and add the onions, just salute them. Now pour in that salsa, turn the stove down to medium tempt, let that cook for about 5 mins, while stir it , if you need to you can add in a little more Olive oil, you don’t want anything to stick. After you are done with that place the onion salsa min in a bowl. Now it is time to stuff the tortillas on one side, add in 3to 4 pcs chicken, about a handful of Mexican cheese, ½ ounce goat cheese crumbled up, and about 5 tablespoon onion salsa mixture fold the tortilla in half. Lay the quesadilla in a hot pan of oil, brown on both sides, just like you would do grilled cheese, lay something heavy one top, to get it to melt the insides really good. Finally cut it into 4 big triangles, and serve it with sour cream, my husband had made guacamole, and ate his with that.

Verdict: Yum! I am glad blogging so I can look back and make this again.

Derived from: ME!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm going to try getting some goat's cheese to taste it. Your quesadilla looks great.

aja said...

Goat cheese lovers unite!!!