Sunday, August 5, 2007

Buttermilk Double Chocolate Muffins


My son and I made this as a math lesson at least that is what I told my husband...LOL. Another reason is because I am tired of spending money of those run of the mill chocolate muffins for my son. I wanted him to realize " Anything they can do we can do better" (U know the song..I luv it). After searching through various of recipes, I found a pretty good keeper. I just made a little alterations . I added (MMMM..Buttery Milky) Buttermilk, because buttermilk is the better milk...lol (I crack myself up, even if you don't laugh at my jokes I do....so it okay...lol) As all my close friend know I love Chocolate so added more milk chocolate chips. Here is what you will need.....


Ingredients
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten (i love egg beaters)
1 1/4 cups milk (come on use the buttermilk)
1/2 cup butter (real butter), melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (1 1/3 cups) white chocolate chips (we used milk chocolate)


Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
In a medium bowl mix the egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix lightly, just enough to moisten.
Set aside about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, and mix the rest into the batter.
Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
Sprinkle reserved white chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.


Verdict:
My son thought that these were as he said "Sweet, Mom". This is a keeper, Bye, bye store bought.. Enjoy!!!


Derived from: donogh

No comments: