Sunday, September 28, 2008

So easy Slap ya Momma Lemon Bars...

My kids love this, and it reminds me of how I loved it when my mom made them for me. My friends and neighbors, normally buy the items and i love baking so what they hey, Its a stress relief. I will post the pics up as soon as I fix my other new camera... FYI the movers damaged my new camera{Go team Movers.....}


INGREDIENTS
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix { Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme, is a go}
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
*Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Add the egg and oil; mix until well blended. Mixture will be slightly dry. Reserve one cup for the topping, and pat the rest into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.

*Now, bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Plaace aside to cool apprx. 15mins. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the baked crust. Take the reserved crumble cake mix mixture over the top.

*Bake for an additional 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set and the topping is lightly toasted. Cool before cutting into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: